Monday, August 17, 2009

The Ultimate Blood Cleanser

In two days I will be on a plane to Spain! (I just love when sentences rhyme without trying!)

My Father lives in Valencia, Spain; and it has been over five years since I've seen him or the rest of his family. In the last few years of working with clients on serious health issues; I have found one curious thread that pushes me to further investigate my connection to my family.

The Thread: I have found the most fascinating connection between blood disorders (Blood pressure, Anemia, Leukemia, other Cancers, etc...) and the emotional distress that comes from being estranged to our blood relations.

Could our Blood Dis-orders be related to our Family Discords?

I find it uncanny how many clients with blood disorders tell stories of their estrangement to a Mother or their Father, or even separation from their own children. Most of my clients are taking many medications for their ailments or disorders. My usual protocol is to recommend an array of healing foods or herbs to alkalize the blood, and to bring the body back to homeostasis (alongside their Doctor's Recommendations.)

I started to see the emotional link when one client (on his own accord) decided to call up his estranged Mother and tell her that he loved her. I remember finding it refreshing that he never mentioned what she said in return. He just focused on the peace that was felt from saying those three throat-aching words. He told me that "being sick had put his ego to rest", and his vulnerable state had allowed him to feel what was truly poisoning his blood. I then started to see similar correlations in many of my other clients. So, it made me think; "there really could be a correlation here that is truly exciting and empowering"--IF we could only heal from it!

We Are Our Most Powerful Medicine, or Our Own Greatest Poison:

I started to look back at my life and think about the Blood "disconnections" that I might have--and not even know about. The one that kept sneaking up was my distance with my own Father. He lived in Spain; I lived here. I talked with him every few years but we really didn't have a relationship. I had no ill will towards him, if anything; I felt an apathy towards him (which can be almost worse than feeling contempt for him because it generally means that you are repressing something.)
However, I made very little attempts to really have him in my life. He had shown so little interest in my life... and it seemed that I could feel okay with that. However, when I really checked in with my feelings; I felt very sad that I knew so little about my own flesh and blood.
I promptly told my husband, Sage, that we should take a little journey to Europe to cleanse the blood! (I don't really need an excuse to go to Europe, but this certainly felt like a GREAT one!)

I know now that with any true healing comes great accountability. It will never be what I receive from him, because I may never receive anything from him. I won't be able to ever control his actions or his feelings; but I can and I do control my own. There is already an incredible resonance of peace from feeling and knowing this. The healing begins when you extend yourself. I don't have to see him to know that my blood is clearing and healing... but I CHOOSE to see him to relish the moments I didn't choose with him before. Also, if I can extend an ounce of health to him by reconnecting... than I have helped two people, and both of us can rejoice with cleaner blood!

Simple?
Do you let your family members "off the hook" from all their mistakes in order to help yourself heal? Or, is it more accurate to say that we are lifting OURSELVES "off the hook" that inevitably strangles us--and them--in the end? The only obstacle is your own pride, ego, and the satisfaction of watching others suffer for what "they've done to us."
Is it worth a lifetime of sticky blood?


In two days I will be on a plane to Spain, with an open heart and some true medicine in my blood!

I love you, Dad!

If you're inspired to follow our Travel Blog, the link is: http://inspiringadventures.blogspot.com/

No comments: